The Hamilton and The Scourge are sunken merchant ships now owned by the City of Hamilton and one of the Hamilton Civic Museums National Historic Sites. The ships were used as war ships by the US Navy during the war of 1812 and sank during a storm in 1813. Ownership title was transferred to the City of Hamilton in 1978.
In 1973 Captain Archie Hodge located the Hamilton and the Scourge on the bottom of Lake Ontario off Port Dalhousie. The Hamilton Military Museum has under water photos exhibits of the ships.
Follow Hamilton Civic Museums on social media for the latest news and events.
Visit the website for Hamilton Museums, Virtual Exhibitions and Hamilton heritage stories!